The Benefits of Hibiscus in Skincare
Why hibiscus? It’s actually one powerhouse of an ingredient. It can be used in teas, hair treatments, bath bombs – you name it. When used in a facial mask, here’s how it benefits the skin:
- Hibiscus is full of antioxidants that can help fight skin damage
- It helps balance out the skin by both hydrating and controlling oil production
- Hibiscus powder works to exfoliate the skin and increase circulation for a smoother and more glowing complexion
- It contains anti-aging alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and amino acids, both of which help to revive the skin.
- Add the hibiscus flower powder blend to a small bowl and mix together.
- Start adding your choice of yogurt, water, or honey to the powder mixture until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply all over your face (avoiding your eye area).
- Let the mask sit until it’s completely dry. (Don’t leave the mask on too long as the clay will start to absorb moisturize from your skin.)
- Splash water over your face to re-wet the mask, each time using your fingers to gently massage and loosen the mixture on your skin. Continue splashing/massaging until the mask is completely removed. (You can always grab a washcloth to help speed up this process.)
- Finish with a hydrating mask or your regular moisturizer.
Hibiscus & Lavender Face Mask/ 2 oz.